Pages

Monday 8 April 2013

Music Monday

Hi everyone! This weekend was a blast and a half. It was the last hoorah with my friends before summer since we are all on our study grind with exams coming up. Friday night I just went to the club with a few of my girlfriends and on Saturday I threw a BBQ at my place for all my close friends. It was the perfect send off since I won't be seeing my friends for four months since I will be across the country. Now it's back to reality, I have to spend the next three weeks studying my butt off. 

Also, I'm adding a new feature to my blog. At the end of every post I will add a 'Deal of the Day' which will mention an online store with a wicked sale going on. Enjoy the sales my fellow frugal females!

When it comes to music I listen to the lyrics more than anything. Music has helped me through the best of times and the worst of times, just by being able to relate to a song. Read the lyrics to La Dispute - Nine while listening, it will make you feel emotions you never knew you had. 

 
  

  I recall once on the church steps,
When I moved to kiss your chest,
How we paid such close attention
To each sweet and stuttered breath,
I should’ve stopped to paint our picture,
Captured honest pure affection,
Just to document the difference
between attraction and connection.

I can see all of my friends and
I break into empty buildings,
When the coast was clear,
With backpacks full of beer,
We’d throw our bottles from the rooftops
At this city-it looked endless.
Guess I still don’t see the difference
between real purpose and that urgent adolescence.

And I remember in a basement sharing sweat
With all these stranger boys and girls,
“We’ll change the world!” We sang,
“We’ll change the world!” But,
Nothing seems to change and
They say none of them will listen,
But I still see much more power in that basement
than in heartless politicians.

And if we get beaten by this winter,
If we get strangled by regret, just
Let our love of life and tension
Gasp in sweet and stuttered breaths, and
Have them lay us in a basement,
Smash some bottles on the ground, and
Say we couldn't tell the difference
between the feeling and the sound.

Remember not our faulty pieces,
Remember not our rusted parts,
It’s not the petty imperfections that define us but
The way we hold our hearts,
And the way we hold our heads,
I hope they write your names beside mine
on my gravestone when I’m dead.
And when we’re dead let our voices carry on
To find a better song.
To find a better song and sing along




Deal of the Day: Up to 75% off at Fred Flare


1 comment:

  1. La Dispute is awesome! I've only listened to them a few times but I love them :]

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNA BASS DESIGN